help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning

From: Matto Marjanovic
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:39:56 -0400

 >Supposedly there is a version of cdrdao or cdrecord out there that has
 >the necessary code to burn DVD-R. However if you go to the cdrecord home
 >page
 >(http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html)
 >
 >you find that the author is offering binaries but not source for
 >cdrecord-ProDVD. Not sure why source is not available. Your second

A "dvdrecord" package showed up in Debian/unstable yesterday:

    dvdrecord - A tool for writing DVD's and CD's

    dvdrecord is a fork off of cdrecord. It adds support for writing DVD's in
    DVD-RW drives. It does not work with DVD+RW drives.

I haven't installed it (no DVD drive!), so I have no idea what's in it.
But that does mean that the source is available from Debian if nowhere else.

-matt m.