help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] VCD Not Working

From: Jay Bloodworth
Subject: [VCDImager] VCD Not Working
Date: 06 Jun 2003 10:20:29 -0400

I'm trying to create a VCD from an mpg I did not generate myself.  Using
vcdmager, I can successfully generate the bin/cue files and the burn it
with cdrdao.  The menu comes up, and I can start the first (and only)
track by pressing 1.  The track starts, plays for 1-2 without sound,
then stops.  The image stays on the screen as if the VCD had been
paused.  I can fast forward, but the track will never just play.

The same VCD plays just fine using xine.  I've used the exact same xml
format to burn other VCDs under vcdimager, so I'm pretty confident the
problem is with the mpg.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with the mpg and how I might fix
it?  I suppose reencoding is a possibility, but that can't get good for
picture quality.

Thanks,
Jay

--