help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Extracting .mpg From .img Again--Possible?

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: [VCDImager] Extracting .mpg From .img Again--Possible?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:43:53 -0500

Is there a tool that will allow me to "reverse" the action of VCDImager? I have some .img's that were produced by the OS X application VCD Builder, which is a front end to vcdxbuild, among other things, and I need to edit the .mpg's inside them. Unfortunately, the original .mpg's disappeared due to disk problems, so I need to extract them from the .img's. How would I go about doing that? I've tried mounting them directly in the OS, using Disk Copy, but it complains that there's no recognizable filesystem in the images. I've found several tools for ripping from images, but none of them seem to work on .img's, only .bin's. Any help would be much appreciated!
--