help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] It won't go

From: Ibly Piblo
Subject: [VCDImager] It won't go
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:33:48 -0800 (PST)

I can't make it go.

address@hidden vcdimager-0.6.2]# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific
portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none
needed
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ...
no
checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object
files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdbool.h... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking what warning flags to pass to the C
compiler... -Wall -Wunused
checking what language compliance flags to pass to the
C compiler...
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking how to create empty arrays... []
checking bitfield ordering in structs... LSBF
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating libvcd/Makefile
creating frontends/Makefile
creating frontends/cli/Makefile
creating frontends/cli/popt/Makefile
creating frontends/gnome/Makefile
creating frontends/gnome/macros/Makefile
creating frontends/gnome/src/Makefile
creating vcdimager.spec
creating config.h

Setup:
  Install path:     /usr/local
  Build CLI FE:     yes
  Use own popt lib: yes
  Build Gnome FE:   no

address@hidden vcdimager-0.6.2]# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/vcdimager-0.6.2'
Making all in libvcd
make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/vcdimager-0.6.2/libvcd'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall
-Wunused  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wunused
-Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -c vcd.c
In file included from vcd.c:39:
vcd_files_private.h:364: error: flexible array member
in otherwise empty struct
vcd_files_private.h:446: error: flexible array member
in otherwise empty struct
vcd_files_private.h:467: error: flexible array member
in otherwise empty struct
make[2]: *** [vcd.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/vcdimager-0.6.2/libvcd'