human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] naval units or not?

From: François Pons
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] naval units or not?
Date: 19 Apr 2002 14:42:05 +0200

dams <address@hidden> writes:

> Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > dams <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > But if you want realistic energy, you may want to put rivers so that you
> > > can
> > > drain energy from it, and therefore you need naval units
> >
> > There is no connection, we can have rivers with dams (which I
> > want) but if there is no lake/ocean the point of having naval
> > units is close to NULL.
>
> ok, agreed, so we need some special units like bridges to cross rivers, or
> bigger units (like big tank) that can cross rivers.
> I like that, that gives a real importance of terrain

This make me think about a difference of technology. If a too strong enenmy unit
is near on of your city (even if the city is lost) you may take some of the
technology you don't have (because it gives new idea to people who see the unit)
which are needed to build the technology.

It comes to my mind because to allow unknown technology to broadcast around the
net, imagine a very large game which is can last very long time (you can resume
game and so on).

But anyway, it is useable to re-equilibrate force in freeciv like game. Another
point, if you stole an ennemy unit, you can get much more technology
advancement.

François.