hydra-users

Re: libidn i686-solaris

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: libidn i686-solaris
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:55:47 +0200

Hi Simon,

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> skribis:

> It looks fine except for the i686-solaris build, which fails building
> the 'unzip' pre-dependency:
>
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2930663/nixlog/1
>
> It has been like this for a long time.  Is there any hope the
> i686-solaris machine will be able to build libidn in the near time?

Apparently unzip uses a broken build system.  I don’t feel like fixing
it right now, but I would happily welcome patches to incorporate in
Nixpkgs, if you want...

> Should it be removed from the libidn build page?

... or we can just remove Solaris from there.  :-)

Alternatively, we could remove the optional dependency(ies) that pull
unzip when building on SunOS.  Do you know which one that is?

Thanks,
Ludo’.