hydra-users

Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 12:23:25 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès wrote (on Sun, 26 May 2013 at 22:16 +0200):
>
>> > The i686-cygwin build fails due to a dependency, GNU make.
>> > I'd expect make to be a dependency of virtually every package.
>> > Does this mean that nothing builds on i686-cygwin?
>>
>> Unfortunately the build log of GNU make isn’t available.  Eelco, do you
>> know what’s going on there?  Perhaps it failed to build due to a
>> transient failure?
>
> Well, can someone delete the cached cygwin GNU make entry so it tries
> a fresh build, and if there is an actual problem we can see what it
> is?

Eelco, Rob?  :-)

> Also, the coverage build of Emacs persistently takes over one hour and
> times out.

It times out in the ‘coverageReportPhase’, while lcov processes .gcda
files.  Eelco: any idea what could go wrong with lcov?

> I have no idea why it should take so long, when a normal build takes ~
> 6 minutes, but I don't think it is telling us anything useful, so I
> suggest just not bothering with the coverage job for Emacs. AFAICS,
> which jobs are in the jobset doesn't seem to be controlled by anything
> in the Savannah hydra-recipes project?

The jobset is really controlled by what’s in hydra-recipes.  But
actually, the default jobset is provided by gnu-jobs.nix, which
emacs/release.nix includes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.