[igraph] plotting and layout

From: Vincent Matossian
Subject: [igraph] plotting and layout
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:14:22 -0400

  Hi all,

Gabor, I just remembered that you'd mentioned in a previous message on the list that you were revamping the plotting features of igraph (I guess for the R interface?) and was wondering if (1) I remembered right :) and if yes, (2) if you could share what you have in mind?

I was also wondering if it would be useful to interface the plotting features with a graph editor in Java or other (such as yEd/aiSee/TouchGraph, although these are commercial) to maybe gain clustering or folding capabilities in visualizing 1k+ nodes/edges graphs?

All the best,

  Vincent