Re: [igraph] igraph 0.6

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph 0.6
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:42:55 +0100

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Aisan Kazerani
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> Does igraph package 0.6 work on Linux only,

No. Actually, if you have downloaded
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/download/igraph_0.6.zip
that is windows only.

> or does it work on windows as
> well, because it doesn't consider the weights of edges for calculating
> betweenness under R in windows. My input is in pajek format with edge
> weights, and these are my commands. But there is no difference between the
> results of weighted betweenness and unweighted one.
>
> r <- read.graph ("test1.net", format="pajek")
> betweenness(r)

Possible mistakes:
1) your test1.net file does not have weights (check the file in an editor),
2) all weights in your file are the same (check the file in an editor),
3) you are not using the 0.6 version of igraph (check the version you are using,
    e.g. with library(help=igraph) )

It definitely works for me (or gives different results in the weighted
case at least), both on Linux and Windows, I've just tried it:

> library(igraph)
> g <- graph.ring(10)
> betweenness(g)
 [1] 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8