Re: [igraph] 'GraphML support is disabled' error in Python

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] 'GraphML support is disabled' error in Python
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:01:06 +0200

Hi Rui,

Thanks for your email regarding Vista 64bit. I am getting an error 'GraphML support is disabled' and I thought it may have to do with using a 32 bit on Vista 64 bit, but I have installed igraph on a Vista 32 bit and I still get the same error when trying to read GraphML files in igraph (Python extension
module).
This has nothing to do with 32-bit or 64-bit Vista, it means that igraph was not able to find the xml2 and iconv libraries when it was compiled. As these libraries are needed for importing GraphML files, the current version that you have won't be able to read them without recompiling igraph first. How did you install igraph? Did you use the Windows installer from the Python Package Index or did you compile igraph yourself? In the former case, it might have happened that the version on the Python Package Index was indeed compiled without GraphML support; in that case, please let me know so I can fix the package.