Re: [igraph] random generator graph in C

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] random generator graph in C
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:39:43 +0100

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM, wassim gmail <address@hidden> wrote:
> Gábor Csárdi a écrit :
>>
>> What does it mean to "browse" the graph's vertices?
>>

> Hi, when i say browse is that i can recursively extract every vertice from
> the graph to test some properties.

It would probably work it you could give an example, with a small graph.

> However, i tried to test this little code and it have the same error (Error
> at vector.pmt:409 :cannot reserve space for vector, Out of memory)
>
>   igraph_t topology;
>   int N = 19531;
>   igraph_grg_game(&topology, N, 30, 0, 0,0); //create a random topolgy with
> radius 30

The points are generated on the unit square, so their distance is
sqrt(2) at most. If you give '30' as the radius, then all pairs of
vertices will be connected, resulting a full graph, 19531*19530/2
edges. This requires about three Gb of memory. Are you sure you want a
geometric random graph?