[igraph] Problem in reading and ploting networks

From: Jiang WU
Subject: [igraph] Problem in reading and ploting networks
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:28:02 +0100

Dear all,

I am starting to use iGraph whose version is 0.5.2. I used python 2.6 and Windows XP. I met the following two problems:
1) Regarding cairo for ploting, I have copied zlib1.dll, libpng12-0.dll, libcairo-2.dll into the "windows/systems32", and installed pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6. I configured in Pydev in Eclipse, want to use "import cairo", but it fails. Also, I tried in Python IDLE, the same problem happened. The "plot" command fails to run.
2) I also used the following command to read networks in graphML and Pajek format, but all are not successful. The network file I used took directly from Pajek sample data folder in its installation files. Acutally, these two files can be read in R environment by iGraph very well, while in Python it cannot work correctly. Why?
    G = igraph.Graph.Read_GraphML("test.graphml")
    gig = igraph.Graph.Read("test2.net", "pajek")

Is there anyone who met the same problem before? or anyone who can help me to solve the problem. Thank you so much.

Best,

Jiang WU