Re: [igraph] community detection algorithms

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] community detection algorithms
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:01:45 +0000

> One other question regarding simplify().  If I have different
> weights specified for each edge and there are multiple edges between
> vertices that are reduced to 1 with simplify(), which weight is
> assigned to the simplified edge?
Whichever is encountered first by igraph. I know that this is the last
thing one would expect when calling simplify() and there might be a
better solution sooner or later, but at the moment there is no way to
specify what to do with the attributes. If you want to take the
mean/median/minimum/maximum of the weights, you will have to re-write
simplify() yourself I'm afraid.