Re: [igraph] Need your help

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Need your help
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:54:23 +0200

Hi Vicent,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Vincent Gagnon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello igraph-help members,
>
> I am an assistant on a research project in Canada. We are trying to solve an
> issue with social network analysis. Our main concern is how to proceed to
> place dots in the matrix?

what exactly do you mean by this? You need a way to smartly place the
nodes for drawing the graph? You did not tell us whether you want to
use R or Python. In R this would be something like:

pos <- layout.fruchterman.reingold(mygraph)
plot(mygraph, layout=pos)

Check the documentation for the various plot options at
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/R/layout.html or type

help("layout.kamada.kawai")

in your R session. See also the plotting parameters at
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/R/plot.common.html or type

help("igraph.plotting")

Gabor