Re: [igraph] Reading Symbolic Adjacency

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Reading Symbolic Adjacency
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:47:15 +0100

> My only question before trying to implement your suggestion is the following:
> what if you already have a numpy array containing the data in the file
> "your_graph.txt"?
You can use the second code snippet in my earlier email with a small
modification; instead of the following:

for line in f:
    source, target = line.strip().split()

...you can do this:

for row in your_numpy_array:
    source, target = row

You can also make use of  Graph.DictList and a little bit of iterator trickery:

def array_to_dict_iter(array):
    for row in array:
        yield dict(source=row[0], target=row[1])

g = Graph.DictList(vertices=None, edges=array_to_dict_iter(your_numpy_array))

For more information, see
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/python/igraph.Graph-class.html#DictList