Re: [igraph] Assortativity in igraph-6.0 under R

From: Gang Su
Subject: Re: [igraph] Assortativity in igraph-6.0 under R
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:27:02 -0400

My previous email to the list seemed didn't go through, so I will just send it again.
---------
Hi Gabor,

The authors used a two-step algorithm which includes 1. recursive partition. 2. refinement. The refinement part is independent of the community algorithm. And actually this scheme can be applied to any community algorithm which can work on disconnected graphs (also we can have a fix to let it work on connected graphs).

It gives smaller communities for larger networks.
Actually it's not very difficult to implement this 2-step procedure in R, but it won't be very efficient. So I was wondering actually instead of Q-cut, do you have a plan for implementation of such multi-step procedures. I can be very helpful because it's generic, and can actually work on any graph partitioning algorithm.

Gang