Re: [igraph] igraph_get_shortest_paths() question

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_get_shortest_paths() question
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:48:50 -0400

Paul,

I am not sure about use cases, but I think this is the most obvious
behavior. igraph could give an error message, or ignore the multiple
vertices, but both of these would be worse, I think.

E.g. imagine, you want to calculate shortest paths from a given
source, to two vertices, the one with the highest degree, and the one
with the highest betweenness (or whatever other selection criteria).
With the current implementation you don't need to handle the special
case when these vertices coincide.