[igraph] Question about the clique percolation method

From: Frederik Lang
Subject: [igraph] Question about the clique percolation method
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 20:20:58 -0400

Dear all,

I am new to iGraph (running it in R) and have a question regarding the clique percolation function that I found here.

I have tried the method on smaller networks (50vertices, 170edges) and it has worked fine but when I run it on larger network nothing happens. The network I am working with has around 100.000 vertices and 200.000 edges. On the website I referred to, it does say the the function is slow but I was wondering if being slow means that I just have to try and let it run for several hours (overnight) or if it is not possible to use the function on such large networks?

Kind regards,

Frederik