Re: [igraph] Question about the clique percolation method

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question about the clique percolation method
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:48:27 +0200

Dear Frederik,

One thing that you may try is as follows:

1. Upgrade to igraph 0.6 because you will need the maximal.cliques()
function, which is pretty slow in igraph 0.5.*

2. Replace clq <- cliques(graph, min=k, max=k) with:

clq <- maximal.cliques(graph).
clq <- clq[lapply(clq, length) >= k]

3. In the if statement, replace the condition as follows:

length(intersect(clq[[i]], clq[[j]])) >= k-1

This might work; completely untested, but it shows the general idea: instead
of searching for all the k-cliques, we search for the maximal cliques larger
than k. This saves a lot of time if your graph includes lots of large cliques.