[igraph] igraph Graph Attribute

From: Nick Rolando
Subject: [igraph] igraph Graph Attribute
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:40:07 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

I generated a graph attribute with a layout using
g<- set.graph.attribute(g, "layout", layout.fruchterman.reingold(g)) and it worked great but when trying to save the whole graph the layout seems to be always omitted. When reading the graph and then trying to plot it I get
Error in layout.norm(layout, -1, 1, -1, 1) : `layout' not a matrix
and while looking into a file there is only one line that correspond to graph attribute
  <graph id="G" edgedefault="undirected">
    <data key="layout">-435.619</data>
I have read tried many formats but none of them work. Any idea what is wrong? Is it not possible to save the graph attributes? (I need to re plot it with different values many times so this would be very useful). Is there an alternative to save this layout to a file so I can use it with the graph later?

Thank you,
Nick