Re: [igraph] igraph Graph Attribute

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph Graph Attribute
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:02:21 +0200

Hi,

Saving a layout object in a GraphML file is not supported; you can only save
numeric and string attributes in GraphML. You can do two things:

1. Store the layout as two vertex attributes: x and y. Since each attribute
value would then only be a single number, igraph would be able to save it.

2. Save the graph in R's own native format using the "save" function. This
would preserve all associated attributes, no matter what their types is.

Also note that instead of set.graph.attribute, you can use the following to
attach the layout to the graph:

g$layout <- layout.fruchterman.reingold(g)

In general, the $ syntax is preferred since it is easier to read. Similarly,
you can use V(g)$... to attach vertex attributes and E(g)$ to attach edge
attributes.

Cheers,
Tamas