Re: [igraph] Generating a clustered graph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Generating a clustered graph
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:31:03 +0200

> My question is, now that I have an Array (gn.groups) containing the cluster
> to which each node in the graph belongs to, how can I create a new graph
> that represents my clustered network? Does iGraph provide any method to do
> this?
If you mean that you would like to have a meta-graph where each node is a
clsuter of the original graph and two nodes are connected if the two
clusters in the original network have at least one connecting edge, then I'm
afraid you'll have to construct such a network "manually" in igraph 0.5.4.
igraph 0.6 includes a function called contract.vertices which does exactly
what you want, but it is not released yet.

Cheers,