Re: [igraph] Generating a clustered graph

From: Víctor Pascual Cid
Subject: Re: [igraph] Generating a clustered graph
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:03:18 +0200

Thank you very much for your help!
Your solution didn't work for me, spcecially the line:

> endpoints <- matrix(membership[edgelist], ncol=2, byrow=T)

Nevertheless, your email gave me some hints on how to develop a very first
approach (presumably very inefficient...) that seems to work (with a very first
bunch of tests):

        num.clusters <- max(membership)
        for (i in 1:nrow(edgelist)) {
                newedgelist[i,1] <- membership[as.integer(edgelist[i,1]) +1]
                newedgelist[i,2] <- membership[as.integer(edgelist[i,2]) +1]
                }

        adj <- mat.or.vec(num.clusters, num.clusters)

        for (i in 1:nrow(newedgelist)) {
                if (newedgelist[i,1] != newedgelist[i,2]) {
                        adj[as.integer(newedgelist[i,1]),
as.integer(newedgelist[i,2])] <- adj[as.integer(newedgelist[i,1]),
as.integer(newedgelist[i,2])] + 1
                }
        }

        cluster.graph <- graph.adjacency(adj, mode="undirected", diag=FALSE)

The algorithm assumes that edgelist contains a pairs table with string values,
which refer to the id of the nodes in the graph.

Hope that can be useful for the community.
Any comments on how to improve it will be more than welcome!

Víctor