[igraph] clusters does not like empty string node names

From: Katharina Zweig
Subject: [igraph] clusters does not like empty string node names
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:34:46 +0100

Dear all,

I just found an interesting behavior of the clusters function which might be considered a bug. Here is the minimal code to produce the result:

> v1 <- c("", "Anne", "Bert", "Charlotte")
> v2 <- c("", "Bert", "Charlotte", "Anne")
> df <- data.frame(v1, v2)
> g <- graph.data.frame(df)
> summary(g)
>clusters(g)

As you can see there should be a single node with an empty string name and a triangle between the other three nodes but due to the empty string name of the first node the clusters function thinks that all nodes are singletons. It seems to be independent of the order in which the 'empty' node name is given. It got worsed, when I replaced one of the empty names by a real string: my R GUI crashed....

Hope that helps.
Nina