Re: [igraph] Working with large networks and how to sample from a graph?

From: Peter Flom
Subject: Re: [igraph] Working with large networks and how to sample from a graph?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 07:40:37 -0400

Thanks Tamas

That brings up a suggestion - in the next version of the manual it would be
nice to see, for each measure, a rough idea of running time. Obviously, this
couldn't be precise as it depends on the machine running the code and
probably on lots of other things, but something indicating that betweenness
centrality running time is proportional to links*nodes, whereas degree seems
to be linear in nodes (from what I can tell) and similar for other measures.

Thanks again

Peter Flom
Peter Flom Consulting
http://www.statisticalanalysisconsulting.com/