Re: [igraph] Odd error message

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Odd error message
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:58:26 +0200

Hi Peter,

> The links in the file were 13 digit numbers (they are ISBNs). Excel (which is
> how the data were stored) converts these to scientific notation. Even if I
> convert it to a number, when I store it as a .csv file, the scientific
> notation returns.
Have you tried adding an apostrophe before the ISBN in Excel? (E.g., instead of
9783161484100, write '9783161484100 - note the leading apostrophe). As far as I
know, this trick forces Excel to treat the number as a string (and it won't
include the apostrophe), so it will be saved correctly, without any scientific
notation.