Re: [igraph] version doubt

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] version doubt
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:23:39 -0400

I am sorry, there was some confusion on my side. I thought you are
using the R version, and not the C version.

First of all, if you are using the C library, then version 0.6 is not
binary compatible, but most code works without problems. You might get
a few error messages in compilation time, because some of the API has
changed, but then it does not take long to check the new documentation
and updated your code.

So you don't need to install both libraries, just remove the debian
package for version 0.5.x, and install version 0.6 by hand, i.e.
download the source code from http://igraph.sf.net, run

./configure
make
make install