Re: [igraph] Random regular graph

From: Raphael Clifford
Subject: Re: [igraph] Random regular graph
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:45:41 +0100

By way of contrast, networkx takes about 4 seconds for a random
6-regular graph of the same size.

In fact, using pypy networkx takes only 15 seconds to make a random
6-regular graph with 500000 nodes.  I would expect C/C++ code to run
at least as fast as this.

Of course it uses a different algorithm to achieve this magic.
http://networkx.lanl.gov/reference/generated/networkx.generators.random_graphs.random_regular_graph.html#networkx.generators.random_graphs.random_regular_graph.

Raphael