Re: [igraph] Random regular graph

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Random regular graph
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:51:16 +0200

Hi Raphael,

Yes, the problem is probably that igraph does not contain a function to
construct random _regular_ graphs. The degree sequence game is more generic as
it can take an arbitrary degree sequence -- and as a consequence, it uses a
completely different algorithm. In fact, a regular random graph generator has
been in our wishlist for a while:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph/+bug/380911

Now that you brought it up, I will probably start working on it in the next few
days. If you wish, you can subscribe to the above bug so you'll be notified
when the algorithm is added to igraph.

Best,--
T.