Re: [igraph] count neighbourhood (python)

From: Raphael Clifford
Subject: Re: [igraph] count neighbourhood (python)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:09:14 +0100

I tested the running time of the igraph implementation of
neighborhood_size it does indeed appear to be fast and memory
efficient (although I don't know exactly how it works). I would also
like to count the number of edges within a 2 hop neighborhood of each
node.  One way is

[g2.subgraph(g2.neighborhood(v, order = 2)).ecount() for v in g.vs]

Is there a better/faster igraph way?

Raphael