Re: [igraph] count neighbourhood (python)

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] count neighbourhood (python)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 15:12:37 -0400

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Raphael Clifford <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>> It simply does a breadth-first search form the starting vertex, and
>> the igraph data structure ensures fast traversal of the graph.
>>

> Thanks. I suppose for order > 2 it might be worth using (sparse)
> matrix multiplication, depending on the parameters involved..

I would not be very sure about that, but maybe. The problem with that
sparse matrix representation is that you need to create it first from
the igraph data structure. Btw. the igraph data structure is basically
a column-compressed sparse matrix, plus some added redundant indices
for speed.

Gabor

[...]

--