[igraph] degree according to vertex attributes

From: Dominik Santner (CRIE)
Subject: [igraph] degree according to vertex attributes
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:21:04 +0200

Hello,

I'm using igraph with R and I have an undirected graph including vertex attributes (for example the city of residence). I want to calculate the degree separately for connections to actors living in the same city and those living in any other city.

Example: John lives in Berlin and has 10 friends (degree of 10). 3 of his friends live in Berlin, 3 in Hamburg, 2 in New York and 2 in Munich. I need a result telling me that John has 3 friends in the same city and 7 in any other city.

Thanks

Dominik