Re: [igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 01:01:11 -0400

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Charles Novaes de Santana
<address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> Yes, I thought this segfault was due to a resource limitation of my
> machine (a pc with 4Gb of RAM). I am using igraph-0.6 and that was the
> message I got:
>
>> net<-read.graph("./network.net",format="pajek")
>> comm<-fastgreedy.community(net)

I see. I tried this on various graphs, and it indeed fails if you have
loop edges in the graph. You can check for this with any(is.loop(net))
and remove them with simplify(). I remember fixing this issue with
loop edges some time ago, it seems that it crept back.

I cannot make walktrap to segfault, but it gives an error message
about isolated vertices. This was already fixed in our development
version. Did you get this error message as well?

Thanks, Best,
Gabor

[...]