Re: [igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density

From: Charles Novaes de Santana
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 12:01:11 +0100

Hi Gábor,

Actually the walktrap error is about the isolated vertices, as you
say. That is the message I got:

> net<-read.graph("./allnetwork.net",format="pajek")
> comm<-walktrap.community(net)
Error in walktrap.community(net) :
  At walktrap.cpp:140 : isolated vertex found in graph, Invalid value
Calls: walktrap.community -> .Call
Execution halted

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Best,

Charles

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Charles Novaes de Santana
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
>> Yes, I thought this segfault was due to a resource limitation of my
>> machine (a pc with 4Gb of RAM). I am using igraph-0.6 and that was the
>> message I got:
>>
>>> net<-read.graph("./network.net",format="pajek")
>>> comm<-fastgreedy.community(net)
>
> I see. I tried this on various graphs, and it indeed fails if you have
> loop edges in the graph. You can check for this with any(is.loop(net))
> and remove them with simplify(). I remember fixing this issue with
> loop edges some time ago, it seems that it crept back.
>
> I cannot make walktrap to segfault, but it gives an error message
> about isolated vertices. This was already fixed in our development
> version. Did you get this error message as well?
>
> Thanks, Best,
> Gabor
>
> [...]

Um axé! :)