Re: [igraph] Problems compiling igraph 0.6 on MacOS X

From: Bob Pap
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problems compiling igraph 0.6 on MacOS X
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:54:09 +0100

Hi Tamás,

Many thanks. Unfortunately image 7-3058 as a (new) problem:

can't find atom for N_GSYM stabs nopx:G(0,3) in dstatn.old: warning:
can't find atom for N_GSYM stabs nopx:G(0,3) in dstats.o
ld: sectionForAddress(0x80) address not in any section for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [igraph.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘igraph’

I also tried the (more recently posted) 6-3011 tarball,, and had a similar problem with N_GSYM:

ld: warning: can't find atom for N_GSYM stabs nopx:G(0,3) in dstats.o
ld: sectionForAddress(0x80) address not in any section for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [igraph.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘igraph’

I apologise for not understanding enough, as the problem seems a missing something and is probably easily solvable.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bob

On 17 November 2012 00:51, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> I noticed that new tarballs were added yesterday. Just to let you know that the problems with compiing on OSX (R version 2.15.2) remain. Would you know the most recent useable tarball that has the revision to alpha centrality included? Many thanks.
I have just uploaded a tarball of the R interface for the 0.7 tree that should build correctly -- I have tested it on our build server and it seemed to work (at least I was able to import the built package). This is just a temporary fix, hopefully Gabor will do it properly soon.