Re: [igraph] (no subject)

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 21:37:04 +0200

> in a already existing objective-c program. One of the things i would like to
> do is to be able to represent the graph in different ways, with different
> algorithms, one of wich would be with the anatomical coordinates of each
> region (graph vertice), making the graph look some what like a brain. I'm
> wondering if this is possible using a combination of igraph+ubigraph, i've
> been looking through the documentation and i have not been able to find
> something like that.
As far as I know, it is not possible with the combination of these two tools.
You can surely keep track of the coordinates on igraph's side (either using an
igraph_matrix_t, or a regular two-dimensional C array) -- the problem is on
Ubigraph's side because it does not allow you to specify the exact coordinates
of a vertex (as far as I know).

A possible alternative is to use igraph's R interface from the R language as
Gabor mentioned, because the R bindings contain a 3D visualization engine that
you could use.