[igraph] there is no package called ‘igraph’ ?

From: santiago gil
Subject: [igraph] there is no package called ‘igraph’ ?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:00:03 -0400

Hey folks!

All of a sudden, and for no discernible reason, from one day to the next, I come to my office and in my R console, which has happily worked with igraph for years, there's this message

Error in library(igraph) : there is no package called ‘igraph’

So I thought, "funny..." and I tried

> install.packages("igraph")
Installing package into ‘/home/user1/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'http://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/igraph_0.6.5-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2264611 bytes (2.2 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 2.2 Mb

Error in library(igraph) : there is no package called ‘igraph’
Execution halted
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘igraph’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/tmp/RtmpT5jHXv/downloaded_packages’

I tried many different mirrors, adding some repositories, removing some repositories, I can't seem to get igraph back into my computer. I figured it would have to do with the new R version, but I don't have that problem on my laptop.

tips?