[igraph] Confusing results with get_shortest_paths

From: Frederik Elwert
Subject: [igraph] Confusing results with get_shortest_paths
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:44:23 +0200

Hello,

I am new to igraph, so I might be getting something wrong. I am using
igraph 0.6.5 with python3.

I have a graph and want to calculate the shortest paths between all
pairs of nodes:

        >>> graph.is_directed()
        False
        >>> graph.get_edgelist()
        [(0, 1), (1, 2), (2, 3)]
        >>> for source, target in combinations(graph.vs, 2):
        ...     graph.get_shortest_paths(source, target)[0]
        [0, 1]
        [0, 1, 2]
        [0, 2, 3]
        [1, 2]
        [1, 0, 3]
        [2, 3]

What bothers me: The paths [0, 2, 3] and [1, 0, 3] seem to be invalid.
There should be no edge 0 -- 2 or 0 -- 3.

Any hints?

Regards,
Frederik