[igraph] generating large graphs

From: Claudio Martella
Subject: [igraph] generating large graphs
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 14:37:18 +0200

Hello guys,

I've been trying to build a graph with over 32M vertices using Barabasi() via the python wrapper. The machine I'm currently using has around 160G of main memory but the process is being OOM-killed by the kernel. I was able to generate a 16M vertices graph with a usage of around 50% of memory. Do you guys have some suggestions about how i can generate such large graphs (potentially in a distributed fasion), as I'm actually aiming also at larger ones?

Thanks,
Claudio

--
   Claudio Martella