Re: [igraph] Traversing edges in sorted order

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Traversing edges in sorted order
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:36:54 +0200

> Would you mind explaining what order edges are returned in. I notice that
> g.es (looking only at the edges that are outgoing from node v) and
> g.neighbors(v, mode=OUT) seem to return edges in a different order.
g.neighbors() returns the *node IDs* that are neighbors of a given node (and
not the edge IDs), sorted by node ID.
g.incident() returns the *edge IDs* that are incident on a given node, but no
specific ordering is guaranteed.
g.es.select(_source=v) or g.es.select(_form=v) returns the edge IDs that
originate from the given node, sorted by edge ID, but this is implemented in
pure Python so it's much less efficient than using g.incident().