[igraph] Traversing edges in sorted order

From: lesshaste
Subject: [igraph] Traversing edges in sorted order
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:08:13 +0100 (BST)

In python I am reading in a multigraph in form

From To Weight

using read ncol. I am converting this to a standard directed graph by replacing the nodes with simple gadgets and connecting those gadgets appropriately. To do this I need to consider the out edges from each node in sorted order by weight. The problem is that making a list of the edges and sorting them each time I visit a node is slow on my large graph. Is there some way to presort the edges by weight in igraph so I only need to do this once per node? I could explicitly store the sorted list of edges at each node but this would use too much extra space on my large graph.

Marshall