Re: [igraph] Arpack: maximum number of iterations reached

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Arpack: maximum number of iterations reached
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:38:16 +0200

Hi,

> I am doing repetitive tests of leading.eigenvector.community using
> microbenchmark for different sets of data. For one dataset I get the error:
>
> Error in func(graph) :
>   At arpack.c:928 : ARPACK error, Maximum number of iterations reached
Can you send us some code that reproduces this problem on your machine?

> Can I just remove the restriction on the maximum iteration number?
No, that's unfortunately not possible, but ARPACK should converge in a few
thousand iterations anyway so the fact that it did not converge with your data
seems to indicate that something's wrong -- either with ARPACK or with your
dataset.

All the best,