[igraph] Arpack: maximum number of iterations reached

From: Piotr Szymański
Subject: [igraph] Arpack: maximum number of iterations reached
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:32:48 +0200

Hi,

I am doing repetitive tests of leading.eigenvector.community using microbenchmark for different sets of data. For one dataset I get the error:

Error in func(graph) :
  At arpack.c:928 : ARPACK error, Maximum number of iterations reached

How do I overcome this? I've tried modifying the igraph.arpack.default$maxiter but it seems I can't predict a sensible number. For example. I got this error with:

> igraph.arpack.default$maxiter
[1] 1e+127

Can I just remove the restriction on the maximum iteration number?

Best regards,
Piotr Szymański