[igraph] want to plot degree distribution

From: Swati Sinha
Subject: [igraph] want to plot degree distribution
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:00 -0700

Hello All

I have a huge connections file in "NCOL" format, which looks like this
a  b  w1
a   c  w2
a  d  w3
b  e  w4
b  f   w5
and so on, where first two columns are the vertices and third column is the edge weight.

I want to look for the degree distribution of this network. I am reading the graph as :
> g<-read.graph("links.txt", format ="ncol")

Will a simple command given below works for it
>degree.distribution(g)

I tried running the example from the tutorial which is
g2<-erdos.renyi.game(1000,10/1000)
degree.distribution(g2)

BUT, this gives the output as NULL.

Any help.