[igraph] how to add disconnected nodes to a graph?

From: Ahmed Abdeen Hamed
Subject: [igraph] how to add disconnected nodes to a graph?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 03:55:42 -0500

Hello friends,

How do you add nodes to a graph without connecting from to others via an edge?

I have the following graph that represents concurrence of some drugs

source,target
marijuana,marijuana
ibuprofen,ibuprofen
advil,benadryl
hemp,?
aspirin,?

The ones with the question mark didn't show up, but they are indeed part of the graph. I tried things like this (aspirin,aspirin) but it changes the structural properties of in a misleading way. How do I get around this issue?

Thanks very much,

-Ahmed