Re: [igraph] IGRAPH_FINALLY_REAL error in python binding

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] IGRAPH_FINALLY_REAL error in python binding
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:26:54 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report - I have fixed this now in the development branch:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/commit/043577090ce13b00fa86b1ccf844b1149d251ebd

FWIW, the problem happens only if igraph decides to use the Bellman-Ford
algorithm to calculate the shortest paths. In the Python interface, this
happens if the graph has at least one negative or zero edge weight, the number
of target vertices is not larger than 100 and the “mode” argument of the
shortest_path() call is equal to “out”. As a workaround, you could either:

1) omit the target vertex from the call or specify more than 100 target vertices
2) use mode=“all” or mode=“in” instead of mode=“out”. If you really need
mode=“out”, you can swap the direction of each edge, swap the target node with
the source node in the call and use mode=“in” instead.
3) eliminate negative or zero weights from your graph

All the best,