[igraph] Non-Backtracking Matrix

From: Pierre-Andre Maugis
Subject: [igraph] Non-Backtracking Matrix
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:20:55 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to build the non-backtracking matrix of a network. It is the matrix whose entries are indexed by the edges of the graph. Entries are 0 if the said edges do not form a path of length two, and 1 if they do. More details can be found in arXiv:1306.5550, p3.

All the algorithms I could produce are very slow. Computing the entries is not a problem, however storing them properly in the matrix is, and takes a lot of time.

I would welcome any suggestion on the topic.
Best,
Pierre-André Maugis