[igraph] Compiling igraph 0.6.5 from source on Debian

From: Xavier Roger-Machart
Subject: [igraph] Compiling igraph 0.6.5 from source on Debian
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:32:16 -0800

Hello,

I've been trying today to find a way to compile the C version of igraph
from source on Debian (for different reasons I can't use the official
Debian package). I've been following the instructions provided on this
page (http://igraph.wikidot.com/installing-python-igraph-on-linux)
except that, of course, i'm on Debian Wheezy instead of Lenny, and I
doanloaded the archive for version 0.6.5.

The configure script runs perfectly fine, with no error messages,
however it seems that config.status does not generate a Makefile (it
only creates Makevars and config.h), so I cannot do a make to start
compiling. I've been looking around to see if I could make it work but I
had no luck. I'm definitely not a Make expert so I may be missing
something here.

Did anyone try and succeed building the latest igraph from source ? Any
help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

--
  Xavier Roger-Machart