Re: [igraph] Question on the formula of out/in degree distribution

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question on the formula of out/in degree distribution
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:34:54 +0800

Hi

Thanks for your kind reply

I have read the docs about the degree distribution of the networks generated by static.power.law.game().
It seems that the degree distribution of these networks should be
 ,  where lamda is the power,   is a normalization constant and
(but this formula can not show the probability of the degree being zero)

Moreover, I have generated two networks and computed their degree-distribution to test if this formula were right.

The code is:
g1 <- static.power.law.game (1000000, 1000000, exponent.out = 2.2, exponent.in = 2.2)
g2 <- static.power.law.game (1000000, 1000000, exponent.out = 3.25, exponent.in = 3.25)

deg1<-degree(g1, mode="all")
indeg1<-degree(g1, mode="in")
outdeg1<-degree(g1, mode="out")

deg2<-degree(g2, mode="all")
indeg2<-degree(g2, mode="in")
outdeg2<-degree(g2, mode="out")

Then, I used matlab to plot the distribution of the degrees. (I am sorry that I do not know how to use R to plot different vectors in a same figure)
In the following figures, the symbols of stars, circles and plus are respectively represent 'deg1' (or 'deg2'), 'outdeg1' (or 'outdeg2'),  and 'indeg1' (or 'indeg2'),
and the solid line is the analytic result of the in-degree (or out-degree) distribution .
But the analytic line and the real data of in-degree (or out-degree) distribution are not fitted with each other.

Could anyone tell me where I am making the mistake?

best
Xueming

address@hidden

Date: 2014-03-15 23:53