[igraph] Modularity of Specific Partitions

From: Steward, Lucy
Subject: [igraph] Modularity of Specific Partitions
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:19:15 +0000

Dear group,

I am running some modularity analysis, and would like to find the optimal modularity of a network partition, whilst specifying the final number of communities. For example, I would like to find the best partition of a network into 8 communities with the corresponding optimal modularity score. I have been using multilevel.community for the rest of my analysis, so if possible I would like to continue using this approach. However, I am struggling to find any examples of this online, and so am not sure if it is possible within this package. If anyone knows of any approaches to achieve this then I would be extremely grateful to hear them.

Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks
Lucy